The Blue Jay Surveys website – www.bluejaysurveys.com.au (“Site”) and service (“Service”) is owned and operated by Quality Online Research Pty Ltd ABN 85 144 762 596 (referred to hereafter as ‘Blue Jay Surveys’).
2. Acceptance of Terms
Membership of the Service is conditional upon acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers contained in this document and elsewhere on this Site, referred to hereafter as ‘Terms and Conditions of Service’.
This Service is open for membership to individuals aged 18 years or over and who are an Australian permanent resident.
Blue Jay Surveys reserves the right to vary the Terms and Conditions of Service periodically, for any reason without notice including the right to terminate the service. The most current version will always be located on the Site.
3. Conditions of Membership
Members must agree to provide current, complete and accurate information in the registration section of the Site and shall ensure this information is kept up to date.
Blue Jay Surveys reserves the right to terminate the membership of individuals who violate the following conditions of membership:
- An individual may only hold ONE membership;
- A valid unique email address must be provided that belongs to only one member;
- A member will abide by the Confidentially Agreement;
- An individual must not join or use this service on behalf of another individual;
- All information supplied by you is complete, true and accurate;
- A maximum of two memberships per postal address applies, if more than one account is registered at an address, members may be asked to prove their identity and address details. The accounts may be suspended until the details are received and verified;
- The member must inform Blue Jay Surveys of any change in personal details, including email address, and street address. This can be done by updating the Profile page on the Site;
- A member may participate only once in each survey;
- Lack of regular participation in online surveys (must complete at least one every twelve months);
- Any other reason deemed inappropriate in the reasonable opinion of Blue Jay Surveys;
Blue Jay Surveys reserves the right to terminate the membership of any individual without cause or reason.
All members eligible to participate in a research study will be given an equal opportunity. Invitations to participate in a study, are sent based on the information supplied by the member in their profile.
Employees of Quality Online Research and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in the Blue Jay Surveys program.
4. Confidentially Agreement
In taking part in any form of research with Blue Jay Surveys, you agree all information contained in research studies is strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to any other party.
“Information” means any information regarding:
- The products or concepts in the study (including a physical or visual description, manufacturer name or brand name)
- Any questions you were asked in the study;
5. Unauthorised Account Use
The member must keep their account username and password details secure and notify Blue Jay Surveys immediately of any unauthorised use of their account. The member agrees they will not commit or attempt to commit fraudulent acts, including to earn or redeem Blue Jay Surveys Incentive rewards, in a manner that conflicts with the Terms and Conditions of Service. The member agree that they will not provide or submit false or misleading membership information. Blue Jay Surveys reserves the right to terminate the membership of any individual who provides false or misleading membership information or violates the Terms and Conditions of Service.
Termination of Member Accounts
A member may terminate their membership with Blue Jay Surveys at any time by using the option provided in their member profile. If a member terminates their membership, they will forfeit their current Incentive Reward balance. The account details will be available for a period of 3 months from the termination of the account for the member to log in and check on previously claimed Incentive Rewards. The member will be unsubscribed from receiving survey invitations.
Blue Jay Surveys reserves the right to terminate a membership without notice or cause, at its sole discretion for any reason including:
- The member must remain an active member of Blue Jay Surveys panel by completing at least one survey every twelve months;
- Providing false or misleading information in their Membership profile;
- Creating multiple Blue Jay Surveys accounts;
- A breach of the Terms and Conditions of Service;
- Any conduct by the member that we believe is detrimental to the business interests or reputation of Blue Jay Surveys Research including but not limited to:
- Taking the same survey more than once
- Taking a survey, not qualifying, then taking the same survey again with knowledge of how to get through the qualifying process
- Telling another member how to get through the qualifying process on a survey
- Intentionally giving false responses to one or more survey questions
- Being unable to provide a suitable and valid identification to verify your identity to Blue Jays Surveys satisfaction;
If a membership is terminated by Blue Jay Surveys, the account will be closed and the member will forfeit the Incentive Reward balance at the time of termination. The member will be ineligible to re-join the Blue Jay Surveys panel at any future date.
6. Incentive Rewards for Members
Blue Jay Surveys Incentive rewards shall have no cash value and members shall have no property rights or other legal interests in points earned, unless otherwise notified by Blue Jay Surveys.
Membership is limited to residents of Australia only and Blue Jay Surveys will not send any Incentive reward to any address outside Australia. The member is solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information provided for the purpose of electronic delivery of the Incentive Reward.
Blue Jay Surveys Incentive Rewards are not transferrable between members or accounts.
Blue Jay Surveys reserves the right to request a copy of a government photographic proof of identification document, for account verification and security purposes, before granting a request for Incentive Reward redemption. If the member is unable to provide this identification document, Blue Jay Surveys may deny the request for redemption and may also, at its discretion cancel the membership account.
Upon termination of membership, the member will forfeit their Incentive reward balance.
The Blue Jay Surveys Incentive Reward Policy forms part of the Terms and Conditions of Service.
7. Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, Blue Jay Surveys, its parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages including but not limited to, damages for the loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Blue Jay Surveys has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- The use or inability to use the service;
- The use of, or reliance on any information published on the site;
- The cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or service purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service;
- Unauthorised access to or alteration of the member’s transmissions or data
- Statements or conduct of any third party on the service;
- Any other matter relating to the service;
Blue Jay Surveys shall not be obliged to issue any Incentive Rewards or prizes that relates to, or arises out of misuse or abuse of the site or to any person who has supplied false or misleading personal information.
The member indemnifies and keeps indemnified Blue Jay Surveys, its parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors and employees harmless from and against all claims (including reasonable legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis), demands, damages, penalties or suits arising out of or consequential upon the members use of the service or networks, membership of the Blue Jay Surveys panel and the member’s conduct including but not limited to beaching any warranty or provision contained in these terms.
9. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions of Membership are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales and of the Commonwealth of Australia. The member submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of News South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia.